COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Elephant's Trunk nebula without stars


Now and then I publish experimental starless versions of my photos. They have a special eerie feel in them but they also reveal more details in the actual nebula. I haven't developed the star removal technique just for playing with it. It's used in my Tone Mapping image processing technique as a tool. I'm also using it as a very effective tool, when I like to hunt down dim and diffused details under a dense starfield of the Milky Way.

Elephant's Trunk nebula without stars
Click for a large image

 A blog post about the original version with stars and technical details, can be found from HERE.

A closeup
Click for a large image




 

No comments: